With the release of paradise papers, a large number of elites throughout the world. Paradise papers show that various powerful people indulge in offshore activities. Following are the names of those people who are really influential personalities of the world.
- Queen Elizabeth II of England
- Rex Tillerson (US Secretary of State)
- Wilbur Ross (US Commerce Secretary).
- Wesley Clark (Former Nato supreme commander).
- Queen Noor (Jordan).
- Madonna and Bono.
Besides all of above, these names of a large number of politicians of different countries are in the range of paradise papers. Politicians from India, Austria, Iraq, Canada, Japan, Kenya, Indonesia are also prominent in Paradise Papers. Moreover, from Pakistan name of ex-Prime minister Shokat Aziz emerges in Paradise papers.
In addition, the name of a former chairperson of NICL (National Insurance Corporation Limited) also appeared in Paradise papers.
These leaks came from companies in Bermuda and Singapore also.
According to ICIJ (International Consortium of Investigation Journalists) 13.4 million files appeared.
These 13.4 million files are the data of 25,000 offshore companies. ICIJ revealed all these data called Paradise Papers.
Furthermore, three Canadian prime ministers also indulge in illegal offshore companies. Following are names of these former prime ministers;
- Brian Mulroney: He served as Canadian prime minister from 1984 to 1993.
- Jean Chretien: He had been serving as prime minister for 10 years from 1993 to 2003.
- Paul Martin: He was a businessman. And he served as prime minister from 2003 to 2006
This span consisted of 24 long years (from 1983 to 2004) in which these three prime ministers served Canada.
Let’s see how many resignations will be put on the table? How many leaders will be impeached as a result of Paradise Paper Leaks?